Manchester United are aiming to snap up Joao Palhinha in the upcoming transfer window, according to The Sun.
Erik ten Hag’s men are one of six clubs keen on the midfielder alongside Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle United, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
United were previously keen on landing Palhinha during his time in Portuguese football, with the Red Devils believed to have sent scouts to watch him on several occasions.
Since moving to west London last summer, Palhinha has been a standout performer for Fulham and could soon be on the move away.
However, Fulham manager Marco Silva has claimed that Palhinha is happy with the club in a recent interview with The Athletic earlier this month.
“He [Palhinha] is happy here,” Silva said.
“It is the same with players and managers – it is impossible to control what people write.
“Whether it is managers or players are linked with clubs, or if there is interest.
“To be honest, it is something that we don’t lose time thinking about these situations and with Joao, it is the same.”
The 27-year-old is entering his prime and should command a sizeable fee next summer.
A real force in the centre of the park, Palhinha has completed more tackles (101) and won more duels (191) than any other midfielder in the top tier of English football this season.
However, his combative nature often sees him get booked as shown by his ten yellow cards for which he is now serving a two-game suspension.
In last November’s meeting between Fulham and Man United at Craven Cottage, Palhinha completed nine tackles – the most of any player in a single Premier League game this term.
With United and Fulham set to face off in the quarter-final of the FA Cup next Sunday, Palhinha will be looking to serve up another reminder of his quality.
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books