Manchester United face Chelsea tomorrow in the Premier League. The Reds look confident after defeating PSG 2-1 in the Champions League away from home.
United travelled with a depleted squad as their club-captain Harry Maguire, Ednson Cavani and Mason Greenwood didn’t travel with the first team.
Irrespective of that, United snatched three points from under PSG’s nose and are off to a brilliant start in their Champions League campaign.
Good news surround the club as all three – Cavani, Greenwood and Maguire return to face Chelsea.
Anthony Martial received a three-game domestic game – meaning he’ll miss the games against Chelsea and Arsenal in the Premier League. This presents an opportunity for Cavani to make an appearance. However, Cavani hasn’t started a professional game in months.
Its been more than seven months since Cavani featured in a 5-1 win against Lyon for PSG.
Nonetheless, he remains a vital option for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer off the bench.
In Maguire’s absence, Axel Tuanzebe played and he looked absolutely brilliant. Tuanzebe played his first game against a mighty PSG attacking side and didn’t put a feet wrong.
Greenwood has had a tough start to the campaign with rumours surrounding his disciplinary issues. However, Solskjaer has publicly defended the 18-year-old.
With three players boost, Solskjaer has plenty of formations and tactics to implement.
- Man Utd have received 10 loan proposals for Anthony Elanga ahead of transfer deadline
- Victor Lindelof emerges as Inter Milan transfer target to replace outgoing star
- Crystal Palace will wait until summer to sign Man Utd defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Man United boss insists there is still room for improvement from Antony after Reading display
- Erik ten Hag confirms ankle injury blow for Christian Eriksen after Reading win
- Casemiro excellent for Man Utd in 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win over Reading
- Harry Maguire sends a tough message to Erik ten Hag over the lack of game-time
- Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Three talking points as Casemiro electrifies Old Trafford crowd
- Man Utd tried to sign Milan Skriniar, he is holding out for PSG transfer
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities