Manchester United are planning to send academy players Dan Gore and Joe Hugill out on loan this month, according to Manchester Evening News.
Gore is the subject of interest from Preston North End and multiple other Championship clubs.
Man United have already received enquiries from League One and League Two clubs for Joe Hugill.
The striker is set to be rewarded with a new contract after impressing Erik ten Hag. He will head out on loan after extending his deal.
Opportunities for Gore and Hugill to impress
Both youngsters have been regularly training with the United first team this season.
Gore made his debut for the Red Devils in the League Cup earlier in the season.
He also recently featured against Aston Villa in the Premier League as a late substitute.
The 19-year-old showed his talent in pre-season and could get the same treatment as Kobbie Mainoo if he impresses in his loan stint.
Man United have been plagued with injuries, but the midfield department has had enough depth to overcome the crisis.
Casemiro and Mason Mount are scheduled to return to the squad this month.
Christian Eriksen is fit again and started in United’s 2-1 loss to Nottingham Forest.
The emergence of Kobbie Mainoo has helped Ten Hag during the unavailability of other midfielders.
Scott McTominay and Sofyan Amrabat are the other options at the managers’ disposal.
Considering the pool of midfielders at Old Trafford, it makes sense to send Gore out on loan.
The starlet will get the taste of senior football, which could help his development.
Hugill is another academy player with immense talent. He is at the cusp of a first-team appearance that could come against Wigan Athletic next week.
His potential contract renewal at the Red Devils indicates that Ten Hag has faith in the academy graduate.
A loan to another club will help him get regular minutes under his belt.
Everyone will hope he can make an impact in the coming years, as a top-quality striker is an expensive commodity in a transfer market.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow