Manchester United have received an injury boost ahead of their Leeds United friendly with Luke Shaw returning to training. The England international was substituted during the closing stages of the opening pre-season game against Perth Glory with an apparent hamstring issue, but it appears that he has recovered from the knock.
Shaw has had his concerns with muscular problems in the past few years and the sight of him being substituted against Perth Glory seemed a potential setback. Following the game, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer suggested that the defender may be kept out of training for a few days but just 48 hours on, the club’s official website has revealed that the left-back has joined his teammates in training.
Shaw has managed to transform his career in the past 12 months where he has remained largely unscathed, and his progress saw him rewarded with the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award last season. He has the opportunity to carry on with the good form for the second-straight campaign and hopefully, he can put his injury concerns behind him once and for all.
United started their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 2-0 triumph over Perth Glory, where Marcus Rashford and James Garner found the net. Next up, they are scheduled to face Championship side Leeds United at the Optus Stadium on July 17 and that would revive a rivalry, which was largely present during the latter’s time in the Premier League.
The game could provide playing time for the likes of Lee Grant, Romelu Lukaku, Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof, who have taken part in the training session on Monday. The quartet missed the opening pre-season friendly with what Solskjaer described as niggles.
- Manchester United news: Nemanja Matic fires back at Roy Keane and defends Harry Maguire
- Manchester United stars shine as Portugal stun Czech Republic 4-0 in the Nations League
- Manchester United star will miss Ukraine clash after picking up second booking in Scotland’s Nations League win
- Manchester United star defends his place in England team after Nations League defeat to Italy
- Ronald Koeman believes Manchester United need to give Ten Hag time to guide them to success
- Manchester United football director makes youth player promise
- Eriksen shines but will he stay fit through Man United’s busy October?
- Gakpo has been on a great run of form – have Man United missed out?
- Christian Eriksen named Manchester United’s Player of the Month for September
- Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale before retiring, claims Patrice Evra