Manchester United are set to offer a new contract to attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard.
The 28-year old is entering the final year of his deal with the Red Devils.
According to Daily Star, the 20-time Premier League champions have proposed a three-year contract for Lingard.
The fresh deal will raise his wages to £130,000-per-week from the £110,000-per-week wages he currently earns.
It will also have a clause to trigger a one-year extension.
Red Rants View
Lingard has been a great servant to the Red Devils. He has massive respect for the club and its supporters.
However, at the age of 28, he needs to move to a club where he can play regularly.
He had a tremendous season at West Ham, scoring nine goals and registered five assists in 16 Premier League games.
The England international proved to be a catalyst for David Moyes’ side as they qualified for European football next season.
The six-month stay with the Hammers has shown that he can be a key member of a team that allows him to play every week.
Lingard failed to break into Solskjaer’s XI with Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba and Mason Greenwood ahead of him in the pecking order.
United have been strongly linked with the arrival of Jadon Sancho this summer.
This will further increase the competition for attacking spots, limiting Lingard’s game time even more.
His inspiring performances for the London club have added to his value and this is the perfect time for the Red Devils to sell him.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash