Manchester United have reached an agreement with Chelsea to acquire the services of Mason Mount, according to The Athletic.
Mount has been the subject of discussion between United and Chelsea in recent weeks as both clubs look to strike a deal.
After seeing their first two offers rejected, United submitted what was supposed to be a final offer worth £55 million and insisted they were not ready to go over that valuation.
However, the Red Devils increased their last bid by a further £5m in add-ons which has now been accepted by Chelsea, who initially wanted £70m to part ways with Mount.
United will look to put the finishing touches on Mount’s move in the coming days, with the Englishman already given permission to undergo his medicals.
Mount will become Erik ten Hag’s first signing of the summer transfer window amid a period of uncertainty due to United’s ongoing takeover saga which is expected to end soon.
Off the back of a difficult campaign where he struggled for both form and fitness, Mount heads to Old Trafford with a point to prove.
The 24-year-old missed the closing stages of last season through injury but should be back in time for pre-season.
Having got a deal for Mount over the line, United can now turn their full attention to the pursuit of other transfer targets.
An opening bid for Inter Milan’s Andre Onana has been rejected, with David de Gea’s future still hanging in the balance one day before the end of his contract.
United are also in the hunt for a new centre-forward, although they may have to wait until their ownership issue is resolved.
Harry Kane remains the prime target but with a move for the Tottenham Hotspur man proving difficult, Rasmus Hojlund and Goncalo Ramos are two of United’s most viable options.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions