Manchester United are keen on signing Crystal Palace forward Michael Olise during the next summer transfer window, according to the Evening Standard.
The Red Devils want to bolster their attack and new co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to oversee a major squad overhaul after taking charge of the football operations at the club.
A move for Olise in January has been ruled out, and INEOS have no plans to make major signings this month as the process of ratifying his 25% acquisition of Man United by the Premier League is ongoing.
However, transfer plans for the summer are being lined up, with the Palace star a top target.
Olise was close to leaving the Selhurst Park club last summer but has since signed a four-year contract extension in August.
His new deal includes a release clause that comes into effect in the summer, and while its value is unknown, it is expected to be significantly more than the £35 million release clause in his previous contract.
Olise appears to have impressed INEOS with his all-round performances since joining the Eagles.
The 22-year-old has bagged five goals and one assist in nine league games this term after being involved in 13 league goals last season.
The France youth international wowed Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola in March, with the Catalan showering praise on him.
“They have weapons – [Wilfried] Zaha is there, [Michael] Olise, [Eberechi] Eze, they are incredible strikers and they have incredible threat,” Guardiola said concerning the Palace trio after a game last season.
“They have composure, great attacking players. It is a question of patience. They will waste time so we have to push to do it.”
The Red Devils need quality attackers if they want to become a force to be reckoned with again, and having Olise alongside Alejandro Garnacho in the final third would be devastating to opposition defences.
More attacking targets are expected to emerge, and manager Erik ten Hag could have some top finishers in his squad next season if he remains at the Old Trafford club beyond this season.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow