Manchester United are monitoring Bayer Leverkusen stars Jeremie Frimpong and Edmond Tapsoba, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The Red Devils held talks with Frimpong’s representatives last year, and they were expected to make a move during the summer transfer window.
However, Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s resurgence and Diogo Dalot’s contract renewal meant United did not pursue a transfer for the 23-year-old.
Frimpong has a contract with Leverkusen until 2028, but the Premier League giants will likely be in the market for him again this summer.
Man United will also be looking for a new centre-back, and they believe Tapsoba to be a good option for them.
The Burkina Faso international is under contract until 2028, but the Red Devils could test the club’s resolve with an offer.
Leverkusen pair are good options
Frimpong has been impressive since joining Leverkusen in January 2021.
The Dutch footballer has made 20 league appearances this season, bagging six goals and seven assists.
He was on the scoresheet against Bayern Munich over the weekend as Xabi Alonso’s side won 3-0 to go five points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table.
United are interested in signing him, but they may have to sell players before pursuing a deal.
Tapsoba has also been earning rave reviews with his performances this season, registering an assist in 16 league appearances.
United need a new centre-back, with Jonny Evans in the veteran stage of his career and Raphael Varane facing an uncertain future.
Tapsoba would be an ideal option for the Red Devils.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony