Manchester United players are reportedly fed up with Jadon Sancho after he engaged in a public spat with manager Erik ten Hag.
The Dutch boss claimed the 23-year-old was dropped from the squad against Arsenal last week due to unsatisfactory training performances.
The England international posted a strong rebuttal on social media, rejecting Ten Hag’s comments as ‘completely untrue’ and claiming he had been made ‘a scapegoat for a long time’.
The player’s comments went down badly within the dressing room. According to ESPN, United players have little sympathy for Sancho and have had enough of him.
With the 23-year-old falling out of favour with Ten Hag, he has been linked with a move to Saudi Pro League club Al-Ettifaq.
According to journalist Ben Jacobs, the Saudi club enquired about the conditions for completing a deal for the young winger.
However, they immediately ruled out a move because United wanted a loan deal with a £50 million obligation to buy.
Sancho arrived at Old Trafford in a £73 million transfer from Borussia Dortmund in 2021.
But he has failed to justify his enormous price tag, scoring just 12 goals in 82 appearances across all competitions.
Ten Hag is a strict disciplinarian but also treats the players equally.
The England international hasn’t been doing well on the pitch but still issued a strong rebuttal to his manager’s comments.
This is wholly unjustified, and the other players are understandably unhappy with him.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action