Manchester United are doing everything possible to move on Harry Maguire before the summer transfer window slams shut on Friday night.
According to a report from Foot Mercato – in a piece titled ‘The long list of undesirables’ – Man United do not count on Maguire, and want him gone before deadline day.
The problem for the Red Devils is, where on earth will he go? West Ham United have already given up on signing the 30-year-old due to his excessive pay-off demands from United.
A move abroad could be the best option for him. It has reached a point now where Man United will have to accept a massive loss to get rid of Maguire.
Manchester United forcing Harry Maguire out
The 57-capped England international’s days at Old Trafford are numbered. His fall from grace since he joined United has been dramatic to witness.
Signed for £85 million from Leicester four years ago, the pressure was piled onto Maguire immediately. Maybe he just couldn’t handle that pressure.
He has real problems when playing in a defence that operates with a high line due to his lack of pace.
For Maguire to flourish he needs to play as part of a deep-lying back-line – as he did with Leicester before he joined United.
Man United was clearly just a bad fit for Maguire, and the sooner he leaves the better for both him and the club.
Much will depend on whether United manage to bring in Jean-Clair Todibo or not. If the 23-year-old arrives at Old Trafford, Maguire’s time with United will be over.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions