Manchester United are interested in signing RB Salzburg striker Benjamin Sesko, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The reputed journalist claimed the Red Devils are monitoring the 19-year-old who is considered ‘really talented’. But no deal is reportedly imminent at this stage.
Sesko joined the Red Bulls in 2019 and has since made 38 appearances across all competitions, scoring 12 goals and bagging eight assists. The youngster has also earned 13 senior caps for the national side.
Manchester United’s options upfront look limited this season. Edinson Cavani left Old Trafford earlier this summer after his contract expired while Cristiano Ronaldo has also been linked with an exit.
The Red Devils want to sign Ajax winger Antony but they may have to part with €80 million to secure a deal for him.
Anthony Martial has made a spectacular return to form in the pre-season and Erik ten Hag has decided to keep him at the club on the back of his superb performances.
However, the season is very long and United will be competing on several fronts. And that’s why it makes sense that they are monitoring RB Salzburg striker Sesko who can provide good competition to the France international.
At 6ft 4in, the 19-year-old is a physically imposing striker who is known for his electric pace and goal-scoring prowess.
He has shown great progress in a short time at RB Salzburg. He struck an incredible 21 goals in 29 appearances for the Red Bulls’ reserve team during the 2020-21 season.
And last season, he made 24 appearances in the Austrian Bundesliga, bagging five goals and three assists (stats from Transfermarkt). He also played in their six Champions League matches.
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest