Manchester United have been scouting Porto midfielder Ussumane Djalo ahead of a possible swoop during the January transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils have had representatives spotted at Porto youth games in recent months, but they are not the only Premier League club interested in recruiting the services of the 19-year-old.
Brighton & Hove Albion, Everton and Southampton are also monitoring Djalo given his impressive performances in the UEFA Youth League this term.
Described as a skilful youngster who is considered a strong all-rounder, the teenage sensation is yet to break into the Porto senior squad but has been training with them regularly.
He has been a top player for Porto B, and it appears he has impressed Man United scouts with his performances in the UEFA Youth League.
Porto have inserted a release clause of around £8 million in his contract, but Djalo could be prised away for considerably less this month.
A move to the Old Trafford club before the end of January would see the Portugal youth international link up with the Red Devils youth team.
Djalo is fond of regularly getting on the ball and initiating attacks anytime he occupies a deeper position, and he could turn out to be a solid midfielder in the coming years if he keeps improving at this rate.
Man United have been splashing the cash on players in recent transfer windows, but they still go after talented prodigies capable of becoming superstars in the future.
Argentina international attacker Alejandro Garnacho joined the Red Devils from Atletico Madrid in 2020 as a youth player for £420,000.
He has since established himself as a key player for the first team, and Djalo could be next in line if Man United can win the race to secure his services.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow