Manchester United are monitoring the situation of Jeremie Frimpong, but a transfer would depend on the sale of the Premier League club, Florian Plettenberg reports.
The 22-year-old has established a reputation as one of Europe’s most promising attacking full-backs.
Bayer Leverkusen value Frimpong around €40-50 million, who enjoyed a sensational 2022-23 campaign.
He featured 34 times in Bundesliga, bagging eight goals and recording seven assists.
Arsenal are strongly linked with a move for Frimpong as Mikel Arteta strives to build a strong squad.
Frimpong is not Man United’s priority this summer
Diogo Dalot recently extended his contract with United, which should end their pursuit of the young full-back.
With Dalot and Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the squad, the Red Devils have quality depth for the right-back spot.
If required, Brandon Williams can also operate on the right flank.
Frimpong’s output in the final third is impressive. However, there are question marks over his defensive abilities.
United kickstarted their summer transfer window by signing Mason Mount.
Andre Onana is on the verge of switching to Old Trafford after agreeing personal terms with the Red Devils.
Their next target is to sign an elite striker who can solve their goalscoring woes.
Denmark star Rasmus Hojlund could make his way to the Theatre of Dreams this summer.
United are working with a restricted budget due to Financial Fair Play rules and the ongoing saga over the sale of the club.
Until they sell players, it is hard to see them going after Frimpong.
Rather than chasing third quality right-back, United should sign a holding midfielder who can cover for Casemiro when needed.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action