Manchester United star Hannibal Mejbri is set to join Championship club Birmingham City on a season-long loan deal, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Several English clubs are reportedly interested but it looks like the Blues have won the race for the 19-year-old.
Millwall and Middlesbrough have reportedly made offers to secure a loan deal while West Bromwich Albion and Burnley have also been credited with an interest.
But the Tunisian footballer looks to be heading to Birmingham who have a very good relationship with United.
His fellow academy stars Alvaro Fernandez and Ethan Laird have already joined Preston North End and Queens Park Rangers on season-long loans.
The best move for Hannibal
Mejbri joined the Red Devils youth academy in 2019 and showed great progress to earn his senior debut in May 2021. He has made three appearances for the Manchester side, with all of them coming in the Premier League.
The youngster also has earned 16 caps for Tunisia and is expected to be part of their squad for the upcoming World Cup in Qatar.
He played three matches in the pre-season this summer for the Red Devils but wasn’t even part of the squad in the two league matches against Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford.
There is no place for him in the senior team and that is understandable considering the competition for positions at Old Trafford now.
Mejbri is only 19 and has a lot to learn before he is ready to play in the first team.
It is crucial that he plays regular football at this stage of his career, and he is expected to get that at Birmingham.
- Kim Min-jae set for Napoli farewell, Man Utd will trigger his release clause
- Erik ten Hag says Antony is ‘unlikely’ to be available for FA Cup final vs Man City
- Man Utd in front row to sign Rasmus Hojlund, contacts have intensified with Atalanta
- Man Utd ‘at the head’ of the race to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd could offer Harry Maguire in player-plus-cash deal to sign Mason Mount
- Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay as a makeweight to sign Declan Rice
- Man Utd could make surprise move for Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
- Kim Min-jae has his window wide open on Man Utd, will cost €58m
- Manuel Ugarte excited by Manchester United interest amid Chelsea and PSG links
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag