Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri is set to join Birmingham City on loan, according to the Daily Mail.
The 19-year-old joined the Red Devils in 2019 from Monaco and has impressed with his performances for the Under 21s, bagging six goals and 17 assists in 40 appearances.
He earned his senior debut in the final league game of the 2020-21 season and has since played two more matches for United.
West Bromwich Albion and Spanish club Andorra FC were also interested in signing him on loan but Birmingham have won the race for him.
John Eustace’s side have made a poor start to the new season, winning only one of their six matches in the Championship.
The Blues have been struggling to score goals are looking for a playmaker who can create more chances for strikers Troy Deeney and Scott Hogan.
Loan move will be the best option
Mejbri will be the fifth player to depart Old Trafford on loan this season.
Dean Henderson joined newly promoted Premier League side Nottingham Forest in July followed by Alex Telles and Eric Bailly who moved to Sevilla and Marseille respectively.
Meanwhile, Spanish youngster Alvaro Fernandez signed for Preston North End last month.
Mejbri is a highly talented midfielder but he will have to be patient for first-team opportunities at Old Trafford.
He is only 19 and has plenty to learn before he is ready to play in the senior team at United.
For now, a loan move to the Championship side Birmingham is best for his development.
He will get more first-team opportunities at St Andrew’s, which is very important at this stage of his career.
- Napoli ace Kim Min-jae moves out of his house, expected to join Man Utd after military training
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger