Manchester United midfielder Fred has completed his move to Turkish Super Lig club Fenerbahce, according to ESPN journalist Rob Dawson.
The club will part with an initial £8.6 million for the Brazilian, and the Red Devils could look to bring in midfield reinforcements, with Scott McTominay also linked with a summer exit.
Fred has been with Man United since 2018 after joining them from Shakhtar Donetsk, making 213 appearances across all competitions.
Man United have been linked with Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, and Fred’s exit could see manager Erik ten Hag look to quickly get the deal for the Morocco international over the line.
West Ham United have tabled £30 million for McTominay, but the Red Devils swiftly knocked back the bid, and it remains to be seen whether the Hammers plan to return with an improved offer.
Man United have signed Mason Mount, Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund this summer, while Anthony Elanga and Alex Telles have been sold, with David de Gea, Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe released.
The Red Devils begin their Premier League campaign tomorrow against Wolverhampton Wanderers and will hope to hit the ground running.
More departures are expected before the summer transfer window closes, with West Ham still looking to get Harry Maguire to agree personal terms after agreeing a £30m deal with Man United.
Anthony Martial and Donny van de Beek could also be sold, while Ivory Coast international centre-back Eric Bailly is expected to leave.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns