Manchester United midfielder Christian Eriksen was in action for Denmark last night in their European Championship 2024 qualifier against San Marino
He produced a stellar performance as the Danes secured a 4-0 victory, providing three assists in a five-star display.
Eriksen’s first assist was to Joakim Mæhle, with the Man United midfielder taking out five San Marino players with a sublime piece of skill and pass.
The European Championship official X account was impressed, awarding the 31-year-old as the winner of the skill of the day and posting the video on their timeline.
Eriksen initially lost his starting berth at Man United to summer signing Mason Mount but was reinstated after the England international midfielder picked up a knock.
The Denmark international has netted a goal and assists in each of his Premier League starts this season, and manager Erik ten Hag will have a big decision to make when the former Chelsea star recovers.
Eriksen reminded everyone of his qualities again last night, and Rasmus Hojlund could enjoy quality service from him when club football resumes.
The Danish striker came off the bench last night with 30 minutes remaining but was unable to get on the scoresheet.
He finally made his Man United debut against Arsenal last weekend, having been unavailable due to fitness problems since joining from Atalanta this summer.
Hojlund has been tipped to impress in United colours, and not many people will bet against him to do so with Eriksen available to constantly create goalscoring chances.
Man United return to league action against Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford on September 16, and the Danish international duo will be looking forward to the game.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action