Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes was not a happy man after seeing his side give up their lead on two occasions to suffer a 4-3 loss to FC Copenhagen in the Champions League last night.
The Red Devils raced into a 2-0 lead courtesy of a brace from Rasmus Hojlund in the opening 28 minutes, but Mohamed Elyounoussi halved the hosts’ deficit in the 45th minute after Marcus Rashford had been harshly sent off in the 42nd minute before Diogo Goncalves drew them level from the spot shortly before half-time.
Man United battled back from the disappointment in the second-half and Fernandes restored their lead from the spot in the 69th minute.
However, the Red Devils again could not hold on to it as the Danes drew level again in the 83rd minute before clinching the winner four minutes later.
The result leaves Man United bottom of Group A with just two games left, and Fernandes was visibly distraught after the game, with a clip uploaded on social media platform X showing his reaction while he was on the way to the dressing room.
The Red Devils travel to Turkey later this month to take on Galatasaray before hosting Bayern Munich at Old Trafford in December, and they need to win both games if they want to be playing European football after Christmas.
They could still qualify for the round of 16 of the Champions League or advance to the Europa League knockout round play-offs if they finish third in their group, but the defeat on Wednesday night has dealt a huge blow on their chances, and this team cannot stop disappointing their supporters.
Man United have now lost nine out of the 17 games they have played so far in 2023-24, and the scary thing is that these defeats are unlikely to stop anytime soon.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling