Manchester United players produced some remarkable performances during the ongoing international break.
However, two United stars stole the limelight on Tuesday.
Bruno Fernandes played a monumental role in Portugal’s comfortable 3-1 victory in their World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan.
Portugal were without the suspended Cristiano Ronaldo, but Fernandes ensured that their star man wasn’t missed.
He set up the opening goal and had 110 touches of the ball, the most by any player during the match.
Paul Pogba also delivered a masterclass as France broke their five-match winless streak by defeating Finland 2-0.
Although Antonio Griezmann scored both goals, Pogba was pivotal in midfield with a mammoth 142 touches of the ball.
The Frenchman completed most of his passes and was heavily involved in the 20 attempts France had on target.
The international break has been hugely important to both players.
Fernandes scored his first United hat-trick on the opening weekend in the Premier League, but his form has dipped since then.
His performances with Portugal over the past week will hopefully serve as a morale booster when he returns to United.
Pogba can also take heart from his performances with France, particularly with his future at United up in the air.
He has started the season in fine form and continued in the same vein with a dominant display against Finland.
Pogba will undoubtedly have a huge impact on a United squad that has been significantly strengthened this summer.
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?