Manchester United players produced some remarkable performances during the ongoing international break.
However, two United stars stole the limelight on Tuesday.
Bruno Fernandes played a monumental role in Portugal’s comfortable 3-1 victory in their World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan.
Portugal were without the suspended Cristiano Ronaldo, but Fernandes ensured that their star man wasn’t missed.
He set up the opening goal and had 110 touches of the ball, the most by any player during the match.
Paul Pogba also delivered a masterclass as France broke their five-match winless streak by defeating Finland 2-0.
Although Antonio Griezmann scored both goals, Pogba was pivotal in midfield with a mammoth 142 touches of the ball.
The Frenchman completed most of his passes and was heavily involved in the 20 attempts France had on target.
The international break has been hugely important to both players.
Fernandes scored his first United hat-trick on the opening weekend in the Premier League, but his form has dipped since then.
His performances with Portugal over the past week will hopefully serve as a morale booster when he returns to United.
Pogba can also take heart from his performances with France, particularly with his future at United up in the air.
He has started the season in fine form and continued in the same vein with a dominant display against Finland.
Pogba will undoubtedly have a huge impact on a United squad that has been significantly strengthened this summer.
- Manchester United plan to enter the transfer race for Moises Caicedo
- Impressive stats come to the fore following massive performance from Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes for Portugal
- Real Madrid join Man Utd in race to sign Argentine star Enzo Fernandez
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad