Manchester United have met with the agent of RB Salzburg star Benjamin Sesko concerning a potential transfer, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The Red Devils have recently linked with a move for the 19-year-old and now look set to act on their reported interest.
United are in the market for a forward after Erik ten Hag admitted that the side need more options in the final third.
Brian Brobbey was a target mentioned earlier in the window, with a reunion with ten Hag at Manchester touted as the driving factor. However, he opted for a return to Ajax in a €16 million move from RB Leipzig.
Antony is another name strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford this summer.
Ajax are reluctant to let go of the Brazilian winger after selling multiple first-team players and have raised their asking price to £84 million.
Sesko has now emerged as a new target, and a fee of £55m should reportedly be enough to seal the deal.
Manchester United short of numbers up top
United kicked off the previous campaign with multiple options in attack, with as many as nine players vying for three spots.
That number has dwindled to five ahead of the upcoming season, with Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard and Edinson Cavani all exiting the club, while Mason Greenwood remains unavailable.
Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho are expected to lead the line this season, with Anthony Elanga as their back-up. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future remains up in the air.
Tahith Chong, Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri all went out on loan moves last season and could be sent out again to gain more minutes.
The search for a forward makes sense for United regardless of Ronaldo’s situation, and Sesko could be their man.
- Facundo Pellistri shines for Uruguay in 2-0 World Cup defeat to Portugal
- FA Cup third round draw: Man Utd to host Everton at Old Trafford
- Casemiro scores wonder goal as Manchester United duo help Brazil move into last 16 at the World Cup
- Man Utd plan to recall Ethan Laird if Aaron Wan-Bissaka leaves in January
- Man Utd target Sergej Milinkovic-Savic impresses for Serbia in World Cup thriller vs Cameroon
- Man Utd should sign Vincent Aboubakar from Al-Nassr on loan in January
- Manchester United midfielder Fred opens up on taking inspiration from legendary World Cup-winning Brazil squad
- ‘He is one of my idols’ – Marcus Rashford breaks silence on disgruntled star leaving Manchester United
- Gary Neville explains why investors will prefer buying Man Utd over Liverpool
- Manchester United: Fred expected to start for Brazil, Antony returns to training