Manchester United are reportedly interested in securing the services of Christian Eriksen and have made a loan offer to Inter Milan.
However, it is uncertain whether the two clubs could come to an agreement as the Red Devils are said to be willing to pay less than 40 percent of the 28-year-old’s wages.
Ian McGarry revealed this information on the Transfer Window podcast.
He said: “Christian Eriksen’s move out of Italy is getting closer.
“It’s our understanding however that – while he’s been linked heavily with a return to Tottenham – he has in fact been offered to Manchester United.
“This would be a loan deal until the end of the season with no option to buy as far as it goes at the moment.
“The deal is far from being done mostly because Man Utd have not offered to pay a sufficient part of his wages which are £7.08million net per year – meaning £3.54m to the end of the season.
“It’s our understanding United have offered to pay £1.33m with Inter paying the rest.
“Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is quite keen on the idea. He is looking for a creative central midfielder to assist in United’s challenge for the Premier League title.”
United face competition for Eriksen from Tottenham Hotspur, while Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be keen on the attacking midfielder (as per The Sun).
Arsenal, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Ajax have also been credited with an interest in the player.
Eriksen joined the Serie A side in January 2020 after spending the majority of his career at Spurs where he impressed everyone with his outstanding performances.
However, the Denmark international has failed to replicate his good form at the San Siro, scoring just four goals in 40 total appearances for the Italian side.
He has only made four Serie A starts under Antonio Conte this season, failing to register a goal or assist.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal