Manchester United have reportedly made an approach to Everton to sign Amadou Onana this summer.
According to a report from the Guardian, the 21-year-old midfielder is firmly on Man United’s radar in the summer transfer window.
United manager Erik ten Hag has turned his attention to the Belgium international due to a lack of progress in negotiations with Fiorentina regarding a deal for Sofyan Amrabat.
Onana is an absolute powerhouse of a central midfielder and he proved last season with the Toffees that he is perfectly suited to the physicality and intense speed of Premier League football.
However, the 21-year-old’s stay at Goodison Park could well be a short-lived one.
Manchester United make approach to sign Amadou Onana
The Guardian reckon that United have contacted Everton and registered their interest in signing the former Lille man this summer.
The Toffees would only consider selling him for a minimum of £50 million, so he certainly won’t come cheap. Having said that, he’d be worth every penny.
Onana has the physicality and athleticism that Man United have lacked in the middle of the park recently.
His ability to win back possession and then carry the ball forward could take United’s play through the middle of the park to a whole new level entirely.
And if it is £50m that’s needed to sign Onana this summer, the powers that be at Man United should not hesitate to bring him to Old Trafford.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin