Manchester United defender Brandon Williams may be on his way out of Old Trafford soon.
The 22-year-old has struggled to find game-time under Erik ten Hag.
His first appearance of the season came in the Carabao Cup game against Burnley, where he was allowed to come off the bench for merely five minutes.
According to The Athletic, the Red Devils will entertain talks over Williams, with a permanent transfer looking to be the most likely option.
Williams’ lack of playing time is also due to the injuries he has been dealing with since the start of the campaign.
The youngster is now fit and ready to play but has Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia ahead of him in the pecking order.
Brandon Williams needs to make a choice for his career
Williams is a fiery and committed player who loves to run up and down the flank.
He has made 48 appearances for the senior United side in the last three years, scoring a solitary goal against Sheffield United in 2019.
Williams was allowed to join Norwich City on a season-long loan deal last term.
He was a regular for the Canaries, featuring 29 times but failed to save his side from relegation.
He did put in some impressive performances, but those were still not enough to earn him a first-choice left-back tag at United.
Malacia has been a decent back-up to Shaw under Ten Hag. The latter, when in form, has been exceptional down the left-hand side.
On that basis, it is hard to see how Williams can force his way into the team.
At the age of 22, he will want to play more regularly than he is doing at United.
A loan move away is also on the cards, but even a brilliant campaign at another club might not be enough to oust Shaw from the starting position.
United would also benefit from cashing in on the defender if they can get a decent transfer fee.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out