Manchester United loanee Hannibal Mejbri has won Birmingham City’s Goal of the Season award.
The 20-year-old scored his first senior goal in spectacular fashion when he fired home a gorgeous free kick to help his side beat West Bromwich Albion 2-0 in February.
The Tunisian’s amazing strike has now been chosen as the Blues’ best goal this season.
Hannibal has enjoyed a fruitful loan spell at Birmingham, making 40 senior appearances and making seven goal contributions.
He could be involved in City’s final match of the season against Sheffield United on Monday before returning to Old Trafford.
Manager Erik ten Hag has a decision to make on the young midfielder. The Dutch boss could keep him next season or send him on another loan to gain more first-team experience.
The 20-year-old’s displays look promising but he has failed to hold down a regular spot in John Eustace’s side this season.
He has started only two games in the Blues’ previous 10 league encounters, with Eustace mostly featuring him off the bench.
Hannibal has made 37 Championship appearances, averaging 1.4 tackles, 0.9 key passes and 1.0 long balls per game (as per WhoScored).
Unless he impresses in pre-season, the midfielder will likely be loaned out to another Championship club for the 2023-24 campaign.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m