Manchester United are keen to sign Benjamin Pavard from Bayern Munich in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to a report from French publication L’Equipe, who claim that the 26-year-old defender is on the ‘recruitment’ list for United manager Erik ten Hag.
The Dutchman has a lot of work to do at Old Trafford this summer, and Pavard’s ability to play anywhere along the back-line will undoubtedly appeal to him.
And if Man Utd do sell the ex-Crystal Palace ace or even get him out on loan, Pavard would certainly represent a huge upgrade on him.
Benjamin Pavard would be a good upgrade for United
L’Equipe report that the France international is considering his future at the Allianz Arena after a difficult spell with Bayern, and that the Bundesliga giants would demand around €35 million (£29m) for the versatile defender.
For that kind of money, the World Cup winner would be a superb addition for United as they strive to build a squad capable of challenging for silverware.
Pavard is certainly levels ahead of Wan-Bissaka. In 25 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern last season, the defender averaged 1.4 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and two clearances per game.
During those outings, the Bayern ace made 77.1 passes per game and recorded a mightily impressive completion rate of 88.1%.
The Frenchman is highly energetic, has bundles of pace and possesses exceptional technique.
Three league titles, Champions League and World Cup winner’s medals are evidence of just how much of a winner Pavard is and United could really do with some players like that at Old Trafford.
On that basis, we think the Bayern ace would be an exceptional addition for the Red Devils this summer.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January