Manchester United are reportedly set to release five players this summer.
According to the Manchester Evening News, Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe will likely not be handed new contracts and will leave the club this summer.
Jones has been at United since 2011, making over 220 senior appearances. However, he has barely featured for the Red Devils since he penned a new deal in 2019.
He has started only 16 matches in the last four years with a knee problem mostly keeping him on the sidelines.
The centre-back hasn’t trained this season and was last seen in a session at Carrington in May.
Tuanzebe has also endured a disappointing 2022-23 campaign due to his injury issues.
He was loaned out to Stoke City in January but made only five appearances at the Championship club.
Tuanzebe has played 37 times for United’s first team after progressing through the youth academy.
But his time in Manchester is set to end with his deal expiring at the end of this month.
Ethan Galbraith, who is currently on loan at Salford City, will also be released this summer.
His only senior appearance for United came in 2019 in the Europa League game against Astana.
Academy duo Ondrej Mastny and Charlie Wellens are also likely to depart the Red Devils.
United set for a busy summer transfer window
Man United lifted the Carabao Cup in February and they are also in a great position to secure Champions League football for next season.
Erik ten Hag has done a fantastic job in his first season, and he will likely be provided with a healthy budget to reinforce his squad this summer.
A world-class striker will be United’s top priority, and they will likely look to sign either Harry Kane or Victor Osimhen.
The Red Devils also require reinforcements in central defence, while a quality midfielder is also needed.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’