Manchester United have launched a crackdown on ticket touting following several complaints from fans, reports the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils recently sent an e-mail to their official members, urging them to anonymously report incidents of ticket touting they have personally experienced.
Touts have constantly charged other supporters desperate to watch games at Old Trafford more than £50 for a seat for a Premier League game.
Around 300 fans at each home match have been affected after buying tickets at vastly inflated prices and sometimes paying for seats that do not exist.
Man United have asked affected fans to provide details of where they bought such tickets and how much was paid for them.
The club have since identified 4,000 such tickets due to their new initiatives.
They have investigated resale websites and social media accounts and initiated a buyback scheme.
Man United will sanction fans who have sold tickets to anyone for more than £50 and those who have sold tickets through unofficial channels.
Supporters could be banned from Old Trafford or sent a written warning.
The Red Devils introduced a minimum usage policy for season ticket holders last term, and fans were required to personally attend 50% of the Premier League games at Old Trafford, transfer to another eligible fan, donate to the club’s Foundation, return it for a full refund or risk losing their seat.
The limit has been raised to 75% for next season.
Ticket touting is an issue most Premier League clubs face every season, and others could adopt Man United’s methods and initiatives in a bid to tackle the menace.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action