Manchester United are keeping an eye on Moussa Diaby, according to Sky Sports journalist Florian Plettenberg.
Any potential move for Diaby, who is valued at between €70-80 million, will depend on the outcome of United’s ownership saga.
Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe are currently embroiled in a tussle to acquire the Red Devils.
Having racked up an impressive 14 goals and 11 assists in 47 games, Diaby has started to add end product to his game which had largely been ‘all bark and no bite’ before the 2021/22 campaign.
His heroics at the top end of the pitch have helped Bayer Leverkusen move up to sixth in the Bundesliga table following a rough start to the season.
Xabi Alonso’s side were also recently knocked out of the Europa League semi-final by Roma.
Despite having two years left on his current deal at Bay Arena, Diaby has emerged as a transfer target for several elite clubs ahead of the upcoming transfer window.
Newcastle United and Arsenal have been linked with a move for the Frenchman, while La Liga giants Real Madrid have also been credited with an interest.
Capable of playing anywhere across the frontline, Diaby would be an excellent addition to Man United’s frontline, which has relied heavily on Marcus Rashford this term.
Erik ten Hag’s side have scored the lowest number of goals amongst the teams in the Premier League top six, while only Fulham have found the back of the net on fewer occasions in the entire top half.
Consequently, attacking reinforcements are a must for United next summer with Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane lined up as the prime target at centre-forward.
Off the back of yet another campaign where he has struggled for both form and fitness, Anthony Martial is set to be shown the exit door by Ten Hag, although United co-owner Joel Glazer has other ideas.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’