A move to Manchester United is the preferred option for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to a report from Corriere dello Sport (print edition July 25th, page 14) who claim that Manchester United have the firepower to make Lazio sell the 27-year-old in an instant and a move to Old Trafford is by far the most attractive prospect for him.
The 34-capped Serbia international is incredibly powerful and possesses the kind of physique needed to succeed in the Premier League. Lazio are demanding around €80 million (£68 million) for the midfielder though (Gazzetta dello Sport). That’s an awful lot of money to be spending on a 27-year-old, and it could be argued that there is far better value for money to be had in the transfer market this summer.
That being said, it seems as though United wouldn’t have to think twice about paying that kind of cash for the Lazio ace…
Manchester United is the preferred option for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
Corriere dello Sport (print edition July 25th, page 14) reckon that not only do United have the funds to make Lazio sell the 27-year-old in an instant but the midfielder views the 20-time English league champions as the most attractive option for him this summer.
And if Erik ten Hag really wants to sign Milinkovic-Savic, we don’t see any reason why this deal shouldn’t happen.
The Lazio ace is one of the very best midfielders in the world. Milinkovic-Savic is a central midfielder who usually operates slight deeper. He is a sensational player, in fairness. Football Italia recently described the midfielder as an ‘unstoppable’ player. Meanwhile, The Laziali label him as ‘world-class’.
The 27-year-old would be a superb replacement for the recently departed Paul Pogba, that’s for sure.
Milinkovic-Savic bagged a hugely impressive 11 goals and 11 assists in 37 Serie A games last season. He won 2.8 aerial duels per match and averaged 1.8 tackles and 1.1 clearances per match.
During those 37 appearances, the 34-capped Serbia international made an average of 62.2 passes per match and recorded a completion rate of 81.4%.
Milinkovic-Savic is tremendously experienced and would add so much quality to ten Hag’s engine room at United. The midfielder is big and powerful and possesses impressive energy and stamina.
Gazzetta dello Sport reckon that the Serb will demand around £120k-a-week to move to Old Trafford.
That’s fairly reasonable in this day and age. And if Manchester United sign Milinkovic-Savic this summer, Ten Hag will have a seriously good player on his hands, albeit a rather expensive one.
Stats via Who Scored.
- West Ham and Everton enter race to sign Man Utd target Jhon Duran
- Saudi Arabian giants make $225m offer to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Man Utd have to pay €60m to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries
- It’s Man Utd’s Varane vs Eriksen as France take on Denmark in an enthralling World Cup clash
- Erik ten Hag wants Man Utd to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Rafael Leao is the alternative
- Man Utd great candidates to sign Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix in January
- Harry Maguire impresses for England in World Cup stalemate against USA
- Man Utd have Jonathan David on their radar, Lille would sell him for €50m
- Four Irish Players United Could Sign Next
- Man Utd ready to step up chase for €60m-rated Cody Gakpo