Manchester United have been credited with an interest in signing Corentin Tolisso from Bayern Munich.
The French midfielder had an impressive debut campaign with the German giants between 2017 and 2018 where he registered 10 goals and seven assists for the club from 40 appearances.
However, his second season was hampered early by a serious knee injury and on his comeback, he has been in-and-out of the starting lineup under manager Hansi Flick.
According to Footmercato, the Bundesliga champions are prepared to sanction the sale of the World Cup winner and United are understood to be one of the many clubs interested in signing him.
Tolisso has primarily played as the central midfielder during his career but he has the tendency to make regular forward runs and has managed a number of goalscoring contributions.
Besides this, the Frenchman can also slot into the holding midfield position and has shown an impressive workrate when it comes to tracking back to close down the opponent.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be eyeing a new central midfielder for next season and Tolisso could be an option for the Norwegian despite the fact that he has struggled with his fitness of late.
Tolisso has made only 10 starts in the Bundesliga and Champions League combined this term but he has still managed to contribute three goals and five assists from the centre of the park.
The midfielder’s versatility should appeal the manager and he offers something similar to compatriot Paul Pogba with the knack of making runs towards the box and a keen eye for goal.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd