Manchester United are interested in signing Barcelona star Ansu Fati, according to SPORT.
The Red Devils chased the signature of Frenkie de Jong throughout the summer transfer window but failed to lure him to Old Trafford.
The Premier League giants now want to target another Barca player in Fati.
The 20-year-old is currently contracted to the La Liga outfit until 2027, with a €1 billion release clause.
However, he is currently struggling for form at Camp Nou, making only seven league starts under manager Xavi Hernandez.
Barcelona rate him as a future star but could be forced to sell due to their financial issues.
They still have an incredibly high wage bill and will have to offload players to balance the books.
The Spanish giants will not sell Fati
Fati is widely regarded as one of the most talented young players in the world.
He is highly rated for his versatility, as he can play in any attacking position.
The Spain international boasts excellent pace and dribbling skills. He has just turned 20 but has already made over 80 senior appearances for the Blaugrana.
It would be fantastic news if United signed Fati. However, we don’t think Barcelona will part with such a special player.
The Red Devils need a striker after Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure. They sealed a loan move for Wout Weghorst in January but are unlikely to sign him permanently.
We believe that United should go all out to sign Harry Kane. The 29-year-old’s current contract at Tottenham Hotspur expires in June 2024.
Spurs want the England international to extend his stay in north London. But given their failure to win any trophies since 2008, Kane is unlikely to sign a new contract.
The England captain is one of the best centre-forwards in the world. He would be ideal for United.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups