According to Football Insider, Manchester United are planning to hand James Garner a new contract and then loan him out for the 2021-22 season.
The 20-year-old is an academy graduate of the Red Devils and is very highly rated by the club.
Garner’s current deal at Old Trafford expires in 2022.
He joined Watford on loan in September last year but fell out of favour at Vicarage Road after the appointment of Xisco Munoz.
His loan was terminated in January, and he subsequently joined Nottingham Forest for the remainder of the campaign.
His stint at the City Ground was very successful as he bagged four goals in 20 appearances.
Garner is a highly talented midfielder who has earned seven outings for the Red Devils’ first-team to date.
However, he needs to gain experience before he is ready to be given more opportunities at Old Trafford.
On that basis, it is a sensible decision to send him on loan.
- Manchester United needs to accelerate their transfer plans or forget top-four
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one