Manchester United have opened talks over extending the contract of right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, according to the Telegraph.
The 25-year-old is currently in the final 12 months of his deal, but there is an option to extend the contract by another year.
Wan-Bissaka was out of favour before the arrival of manager Erik ten Hag but has established himself as a regular under the Dutchman and made significant progress.
The Man United boss has spoken highly of the former Crystal Palace right-back, which has prompted the club to agree to hand him a long-term deal.
Talks between both parties took place last month and are now expected to advance as attention has shifted to the players following the end of the summer transfer window.
Wan-Bissaka has started in all four Premier League games this term, weighing in with an assist in the 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in their first game of 2023-24.
He has featured in 164 games since joining the Red Devils, bagging two goals and 12 assists.
The Croydon-born full-back will now aim to break into the England squad having been forced to withdraw due to a back injury after his first call-up in August 2019.
He still qualifies for DR Congo having represented them at under-20 level before featuring for England U20 and U21 sides.
The Man United star faces stiff competition for playing chances in the position with the Three Lions, with Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kieran Trippier and Reece James all ahead of him in the pecking order.
Wan-Bissaka will be keen to impress this term to boost his chances of making it to the European Championship next summer, and Ten Hag will be looking to keep getting the best out of him.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action