Manchester United view Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong as their primary summer transfer target.
According to The Guardian, the Red Devils have revived their interest in signing Frenkie de Jong after failing in their pursuit last summer.
The Premier League giants chased his signature throughout the summer transfer window but the 25-year-old was keen to stay at the Spanish club.
He has played a key role under Xavi, featuring over 30 times this season and helping Barcelona to sit at the top of the La Liga table.
Erik ten Hag remains a firm admirer of De Jong and wants him at Old Trafford to strengthen the squad.
Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United are too good to turn down
De Jong opted not to take the risk of moving to Old Trafford last year with things still in transition.
With a new manager at United and no Champions League football, De Jong decided to continue with Barcelona.
However, Ten Hag has changed the club’s outlook in the last ten months.
The Red Devils have won the Carabao Cup, their first silverware in six years.
They are a strong contender for the Europa League and the FA Cup. Champions League football looks guaranteed, courtesy of their strong position in the Premier League.
Everyone is optimistic about Ten Hag bringing glory days back to the Theatre of Dreams, and De Jong would like to be part of it.
The Dutch midfielder had the first-row tickets to witnessing United’s resurgence when the Red Devils kicked the Spanish giants out of the Europa League.
He may agree to the Old Trafford move if Ten Hag comes calling again.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV