Manchester United have identified Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman as an alternative to Jadon Sancho.
However, the difference between the two fees is not enormous and could be negotiated to reach an agreement.
According to Sport1’s Florian Plettenberg, the Red Devils are expected to table an offer for the 24-year old winger if they fail in their pursuit of Sancho.
New Bayern manager Julian Nagelsmann is said to be aware of the interest from United but wants to keep the player.
Red Rants view
Coman has one of the most decorated trophy cabinets you will ever see for a player who is in his mid-20s.
He has won league titles in Italy, Germany and France. Apart from that, he has also won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, German Cups and Italian Cups.
Conan will be aiming to win his first trophy with France in this summer’s European Championships.
The winger is valued at €65 million by Transfermarkt making him a cheaper alternative to Sancho.
However, the major concern for United will be his injury record.
The former Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain player has often missed substantial portions of seasons due to injuries.
If he does end up at Old Trafford this summer, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to pay close attention to Coman’s workload.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash