Manchester United are hoping summer signing Rasmus Hojlund will be available for selection when they host Nottingham Forest on Saturday, according to the Sun.
The Denmark international striker has been training alone since joining the Red Devils from Atalanta in a bid to return to full fitness following an injury he picked up in pre-season preparations with his former club.
Hojlund, dubbed a ‘unique striker’ by manager Erik ten Hag, is now ready to start training with the full squad and could be on the bench for their next Premier League game.
Man United have scored just once this term, with Raphael Varane netting the winner in the 1-0 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers before they drew blanks in the 2-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
They could do with the striking services of Hojlund right now, and the Dane is raring to go and prove his quality in the Premier League.
Marcus Rashford has led the attack in both games played so far this term, but the England international forward has publicly admitted he loves playing on the wings.
Anthony Martial is another player capable of playing as a striker, but the Frenchman has played just five minutes in competitive games this term.
He featured in the behind-closed-doors friendly games against Everton and Burnley but did not impress, with the Red Devils suffering a 3-0 loss at the Carrington training base yesterday.
Man United really could do with Hojlund right now, but another midfielder could also be added to the squad before the summer transfer window shuts after their midfield trio struggled in the opening two games of the campaign.
They travel to Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal for their last game before the international break in September, and Hojlund is likely to make his Premier League debut against the Gunners if he does not this weekend.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions