Manchester United are understood to have renewed contract negotiations with forward Angel Gomes amid the interest from Premier League rivals Chelsea.
The 19-year-old has been one of the club’s best performing players in the development squad but he has yet to establish himself at the first-team level.
According to Metro, United have recently re-entered contract talks with the attacker’s agent after getting to know of the interest from Chelsea in their academy graduate.
Earlier this season, Gomes turned down a two-year deal worth £25,000-a-week and it appears that the club have now proposed a three-year extension with a weekly salary of £30,000.
Both Gomes and Tahith Chong have been fancied in the past to have bright futures with United but neither of them have been assured regular playing time with the senior squad.
Chong recently ended his contract standoff to pen a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Red Devils and the club will be hoping that Gomes will follow suit to prolong his stay.
Should Gomes sign the extension, he could be loaned out for the 2020/21 campaign such that he can get the exposure of regular first-team football. The same could be the case with Chong.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations