First it was Quagliarella (Q) saying that United were after him and had placed a 10m bid for him.
Bogus, because United are either buying experience (Hargreaves) or for the future (Nani, Anderson) and Q at 23 is neither and because United already have youth where strikers are concerned so I’d figure that they would go for someone more experienced, IF they go for anyone. Q doesn’t have Prem experience nor does he have CL experience.
And now Q’s agent, SP, says that there has been no contact made by United with Q, SP or Sampdoria.
However, he still maintains that despite the lack of contact, there IS some interest from United.
So how do United register their interest then? Did Fergie come to Q in his dreams? I guess that would work – after all, people believe in flying horses, in walking on water and what not (insert personal irreverent thoughts on religion here) – Fergie asking you to come to OT for 10m sounds quite reasonable.
Checked the Wikipedia entry for Quagliarella – someone has edited it today saying that Udinese now have full ownership rights of the player (previously those rights were shared between Sampdoria and Udinese).
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract