First it was Quagliarella (Q) saying that United were after him and had placed a 10m bid for him.
Bogus, because United are either buying experience (Hargreaves) or for the future (Nani, Anderson) and Q at 23 is neither and because United already have youth where strikers are concerned so I’d figure that they would go for someone more experienced, IF they go for anyone. Q doesn’t have Prem experience nor does he have CL experience.
And now Q’s agent, SP, says that there has been no contact made by United with Q, SP or Sampdoria.
However, he still maintains that despite the lack of contact, there IS some interest from United.
So how do United register their interest then? Did Fergie come to Q in his dreams? I guess that would work – after all, people believe in flying horses, in walking on water and what not (insert personal irreverent thoughts on religion here) – Fergie asking you to come to OT for 10m sounds quite reasonable.
Checked the Wikipedia entry for Quagliarella – someone has edited it today saying that Udinese now have full ownership rights of the player (previously those rights were shared between Sampdoria and Udinese).
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns