First it was Quagliarella (Q) saying that United were after him and had placed a 10m bid for him.
Bogus, because United are either buying experience (Hargreaves) or for the future (Nani, Anderson) and Q at 23 is neither and because United already have youth where strikers are concerned so I’d figure that they would go for someone more experienced, IF they go for anyone. Q doesn’t have Prem experience nor does he have CL experience.
And now Q’s agent, SP, says that there has been no contact made by United with Q, SP or Sampdoria.
However, he still maintains that despite the lack of contact, there IS some interest from United.
So how do United register their interest then? Did Fergie come to Q in his dreams? I guess that would work – after all, people believe in flying horses, in walking on water and what not (insert personal irreverent thoughts on religion here) – Fergie asking you to come to OT for 10m sounds quite reasonable.
Checked the Wikipedia entry for Quagliarella – someone has edited it today saying that Udinese now have full ownership rights of the player (previously those rights were shared between Sampdoria and Udinese).
- Man Utd very interested in signing Brighton prodigy Moises Caicedo
- Joel Glazer firmly against the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United offered the chance to sign Antoine Griezmann
- Man Utd weigh up stunning deal for Casemiro
- Man Utd still considering move for Moussa Dembele
- talkSPORT and Fabrizio Romano claim Manchester United are closing in on £42m deal for Matheus Cunha
- Hakim Ziyech remains a priority for Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag
- Erik ten Hag makes direct request to Manchester United board to sign ‘scintillating’ Ajax attacker Antony
- Man Utd ready to battle Chelsea for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Man Utd to accelerate Wan-Bissaka’s exit to sign Sergino Dest