Manchester United have made an enquiry for Sevilla and Moroccan World Cup star Yassine Bounou ahead of the January transfer window.
That’s according to a report from TuttoMercatoWeb who claim that Man United could be set for a battle with Bayern Munich for his signature.
Bounou, also known as ‘Bono’, was a star for Morocco at the World Cup in Qatar this winter.
La Razon recently claimed that the 31-year-old stopper has a €50 million release clause inserted into his current contract. However, he may be available for a little less than that in January.
And with Erik Ten Hag on the hunt for a top-class goalkeeper, it seems as though the Sevilla ace may well be the man for the job.
Manchester United eyeing Bono swoop in January transfer window
Bono is a very good goalkeeper, and he proved that out in Qatar with some exceptional saves including his incredible display in the penalty shoot-out win over Spain.
The Sevilla ace possesses superb reflexes, is strong and commanding in the air and has an impressive array of passing in his arsenal.
However, €50m is an awful lot of money to be spending on a goalkeeper, especially given the fact that David de Gea seems to be back to his best now.
At 31, the Moroccan would hardly be a signing for the future either. Ten Hag is more likely to sign an up-and-coming young goalkeeper like Leeds United’s Illan Messier in January or an experienced stopper for a small fee – perhaps Yann Sommer.
Bounou would be a strong addition for United in the January transfer window – but not for €50m.
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer