Manchester United will have to pay the full €60 million (£50m) release clause of Yannick Carrasco if they want to prise him away from Atletico Madrid this summer.
That’s according to a report from Spanish publication Marca who claim that United have turned their attention to Carrasco after failing to get deals for Joao Felix and Matheus Cunha done.
The 57-capped Belgium international won’t come cheap though.
We covered a report from The Telegraph yesterday claiming that Carrasco could be up for grabs for around £25 million this summer.
It seems Diego Simeone has other ideas though.
Manchester United told fee needed for Yannick Carrasco
Marca reckon that Atleti boss Simeone has no interest in selling the Belgian and the only way that he will leave is if his £50m release clause is met.
The 28-year-old joined Atletico from Monaco in 2015. He left to join the Chinese Super League in 2018 but returned to the Spanish capital in 2020.
Carrasco has bagged 37 goals and 39 assists in 2020 games for Atleti. He has played 138 games as a left winger and 38 as a left wing-back.
The rest of his performances have been spread out across the right wing and attacking midfield positions. He can even operate as an auxiliary centre-forward if need be.
The Atletico star possesses pace in abundance and has exceptional technical ability. He would certainly provide Erik ten Hag with an option that he doesn’t currently possess and his versatility could prove to be crucial for United during the long and physically punishing campaign that awaits them.
He has been described as an ‘explosive’ winger by Atletico’s official website and we believe he would be a really useful option for Ten Hag this season and beyond.
However, we think it’s highly doubtful that United will be prepared to pay £50 million for Carrasco this summer. Who knows though – maybe the Glazers will have a surprise in store for the fans.
Read also: Manchester United reportedly could make a move to sign Leeds star.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger
- Man Utd closely following Sporting defender Goncalo Inacio