Manchester United now face strong competition in the race to sign Sofyan Amrabat this summer.
According to TuttoMercatoWeb, Atletico Madrid have joined Man United in the hunt for the 27-year-old Fiorentina ace’s signature in the summer transfer window.
Man United boss Erik ten Hag wants to sign Amrabat, with the possibility of a loan move to Old Trafford now being mooted.
The Dutchman must strengthen his central midfield ranks before the transfer window closes on Friday night.
United have been badly exposed in the middle of the park during their first three Premier League games of the season.
Amrabat is the absolutely ideal option for the Red Devils, and he’s available for just £25 million. Signing him should be a no-brainer for Ten Hag, but the United boss now faces a big problem.
Manchester United face competition for Sofyan Amrabat
Atleti have entered the race to sign the 49-capped Morocco international this summer. And if United don’t get a move on, they could easily be beaten to his signature.
Quite why United are stalling is baffling. Amrabat has everything United are missing in the middle of the park and is available for a bargain fee.
The Moroccan is incredibly mobile and has energy and stamina in abundance. He is a brilliantly tenacious tackler, is super aggressive in the way that he plays and has the ability to dictate the tempo of a match from a deep-lying midfield position.
Signing Amrabat this summer makes absolutely perfect sense for Man United. He would change the way that they play overnight.
However, it seems like Atletico will not be letting Ten Hag have his own way this summer. Who knows – Atleti’s interest might just be the jolt to the system that United need.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action