Newcastle United played out a goalless draw with Leicester City at St James’ Park on Monday.
The result ensured they secured Champions League football for the first time in 20 years, leaving the home supporters absolutely delighted.
Manchester United will also be happy as they are now in an excellent position to finish third in the Premier League table.
Erik ten Hag’s side are just a point behind Newcastle with a game in hand.
Both teams face Chelsea in their next fixture, but United will have home ground advantage when they host the Blues at Old Trafford on May 25.
The Magpies will lock horns with Frank Lampard’s side at Stamford Bridge in their final game of the season three days later.
Considering Chelsea’s form, it is highly likely that the two sides will pick up victories from their respective league encounters.
However, Man United’s extra match against Fulham means they are expected to pip Newcastle for third place.
Back-to-back defeats at the hands of Brighton & Hove Albion and West Ham United earlier this month look to have put their top-four hopes in jeopardy.
However, they bounced back in their following home clash against Wolverhampton Wanderers, with strikes from Anthony Martial and Alejandro Garnacho helping record a 2-0 success.
United also collected three points at Bournemouth by sealing a slender 1-0 win, thanks to a stunning goal from Casemiro.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’