Spanish club Villarreal has received a major fixture boost ahead of their Europa League final clash with Manchester United on May 26.
Villarreal were scheduled to travel to Real Madrid on Sunday in the last La Liga matchday of the season.
This game has now been moved forward a day, giving Villarreal additional time to prepare for the final.
United host Fulham today before wrapping up their league fixtures at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday.
The Mirror reports that Villarreal president Fernando Roig submitted a formal request to change the date of the fixture so that his team can get more time to prepare.
This decision will upset Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. His side has been subjected to a very hectic schedule lately.
After the Liverpool game was postponed due to the anti-Glazer protests by United fans, his team were ordered to play three Premier League games in five days.
He described the revised fixture as something “unheard of”.
With this boost for his European final opponents, the Norwegian is bound to be even more upset with the Premier League.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham – 30th October – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break