Manchester United have been handed a crucial boost as Alex Telles and Scott McTominay both trained on Monday.
Alex Telles was injured during the pre-season friendlies. He picked up a knee injury against Derby County and has been sidelined since July.
McTominay suffered a groin injury before United faced Wolverhampton Wanderers. He underwent surgery and was expected to be out for a while.
Dean Henderson also returned after recovering from COVID-19 and produced some excellent saves in training,
Cristiano Ronaldo is serving his five-day quarantine and is expected to link up with the squad on Wednesday.
The return of McTominay and Telles will be welcomed by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
McTominay has been an important player for United, and his presence was missed in the middle of the park.
Fred and Nemanja Matic struggled in McTominay’s absence, and his return to action is a major boost.
Although Luke Shaw has been favoured over Telles at left-back, the latter’s recent form has given Solskjaer food for thought.
He played well in pre-season before picking up an injury and will now put Shaw under pressure for a starting role.
McTominay and Telles could both return against Newcastle United this weekend, although they may have to settle for a place on the bench.
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd interested in Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij
- Man Utd offer €65m plus add-ons for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong