Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson is on the verge of completing his exit from Old Trafford.
Henderson has been permitted to undergo a medical at Crystal Palace, according to the Telegraph.
Henderson is currently the second-choice goalkeeper for United as Tom Heaton is injured.
Palace are reportedly interested in signing the England international.
The Red Devils are also willing to consider a loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the season.
Dean Henderson’s exit looks likely
The 26-year-old will not take the number one spot between the sticks after Andre Onana’s arrival from Inter Milan.
He has no desire to play second fiddle and wants to move elsewhere.
The Eagles want to add competition to their goalkeeping department, especially with Vicente Guaita’s uncertain future.
If Henderson completes his move to Palace, he will fight with Sam Johnstone for the starting spot.
Ten Hag did not play Henderson during the pre-season tour due to a thigh injury.
However, he named him on the bench for the Premier League games this campaign.
Henderson would be excellent cover for Onana, but he wants to play regularly.
United would like to recoup some funds by offloading Henderson to Palace.
They must press Palace for an obligation to buy if they make a loan offer.
The Red Devils are set to sign Altay Bayindir from Fenerbahce, who will serve as back-up to Onana.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions