Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea is ready to snub a lucrative offer from the Saudi Pro League, reports talkSPORT.
Saudi Arabia have been offering lucrative contracts to European stars in recent weeks.
Chelsea ace N’Golo Kante is set to earn in the region of €100million-a-year after agreeing to join Al-Ittihad.
They are making €100m per year contracts the new normal, but it appears De Gea is not tempted.
The Man United star currently pockets €435,000 per week at the Old Trafford club.
However, he has agreed to take a pay cut to remain with the Red Devils and extend his deal.
Man United manager Erik ten Hag has decided he wants a goalie suitable for his style of play and has offered no assurances De Gea will continue as number one.
Saudi Arabia are offering tax-free contracts to players, and the Spaniard could still be tempted to join them.
His former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema both earn €200m per year.
Saudi were willing to offer Lionel Messi €400m annually, but the Argentine snubbed them for Inter Miami.
How much they plan to offer De Gea is unknown, but the 32-year-old could find it hard to turn down a €200m-per-year deal.
For now, the Man United ace is committed to spending at least the next two seasons at Old Trafford.
He has agreed terms on a new contract, which is awaiting approval from the Red Devils board.
Saudi will not hesitate to move on to other goalkeeping targets.
Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris has also been linked with a move to the Gulf nation.
They will continue to target Premier League stars, especially those out of contract.
More players could start opting to play out their contracts to boost their chances of sealing a move to the Saudi Pro League.
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd