Manchester United have been given a boost in their pursuit of Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele.
Though, it is an indirect one.
Barcelona are close to completing a move for Lyon star and former United player Memphis Depay. The deal is going ahead smoothly for now.
This has been confirmed by Lyon sporting director Juninho.
Speaking to the Telefoot Chaine, he said: “He has 12 months left on his contract. So, He has got an agreement with Barcelona. We don’t hide that. It is possible that Memphis signs for Barcelona tomorrow.”
This is great news for Manchester United.
Depay’s arrival at Barcelona would mean that Dembele could leave.
The La Liga laws strictly state that a club have to sell a player before another one arrives.
United have been chasing Dembele as an alternative for their prime target Jadon Sancho. The Dortmund star is staying at the German club for the next season after United’s continuous refusals to pay his evaluation of 120 million.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham – 30th October – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break