Manchester United forward Mateo Mejia is set to join Sevilla permanently, according to Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The La Liga club have struck a deal to sign the 20-year-old, with the documents set to be signed next week.
Mejia will leave Man United on a free transfer, but the Red Devils have included a 25% sell-on clause in the contract.
The Spaniard signed a new contract with Man United last June but it is due to expire at the end of the season.
Mejia joined the Red Devils academy from Real Zaragoza in 2019 and was a regular in the Premier League 2 last season.
He was often invited to first-team training last term but did not make his senior debut.
The Colombia under-20 international will hope to finally kickstart his professional career at Sevilla, but he is not the only player from Man United expected to join the Spanish club.
Tunisia international attacking midfielder Hannibal Mejbri is also set to join them on loan until the end of the season despite interest from Everton.
The 20-year-old opted to miss the ongoing African Cup of Nations to sort out a loan move, and he also rejected Olympique Lyon and Freiburg for Sevilla.
Mejbri will look to impress at the club and hopefully earn himself a place in the first-team next term.
He could be playing regularly alongside Mejia in the coming weeks, and while the Spaniard will not be returning to the Old Trafford club, he could be sealing a transfer move elsewhere in the coming year, and Man United will benefit from it.
The youngsters are not the only ones leaving the Theatre of Dreams this month, with some prominent exits expected to take place.
A squad overhaul is on the cards following the arrival of Sir Jim Ratcliffe as co-owner, and major changes are set to happen.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow