Despite a slow start to the season under Louis van Gaal, Manchester United appear to have turned the corner under their Dutch manager.
United went into the international break in the fourth and final UEFA Champions League place following successive victories for the first time this season.
Van Gaal will be keen to get three points in their next fixture, on Monday night at West Bromwich Albion, as only three points separate them and the team down in 16th position, Stoke City.
Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal are all amongst the opponents Manchester United will face over their next five Premier League fixtures. This will help give us some indication where the Red Devils are right now.
Even then, the new manager has had up to 10 absentees for any given game this season, meaning he is yet to work out who his strongest XI are. On top of that, the Premier League giants are also expected to bring in more recruits during the January transfer window.
Reading through the betting guides on SportsBettingAcumen.com, perhaps we should wait until this tough set of fixtures is over for Manchester United to get even better odds on a top four finish this season.
Liverpool are the fifth favourites for a top four finish. Brendan Rodgers’ side have won only won of their last four but will welcome Daniel Sturridge back from injury this weekend. The Reds will also like the look for their fixture list between now and mid-December when they go to Old Trafford.
Last season’s Premier League runners-up perhaps wouldn’t have expected to have dropped as many points to West Ham, Aston Villa and Everton they did during a three-game stretch in September that saw them collect only one point.
The sale of Luis Suárez has certainly had a big impact on Liverpool judging by their initial games into the new season. None of their new summer signings have made any significant impact as of yet.
Manchester United fans certainly have the right to fell confident of a top four finish based on what they have seen over the past few games. Their side has scored 11 goals in their past four fixtures, picking up nine points in the process.
Ángel Di María is looking like a candidate for PFA Player of the Year already. Radamel Falcao has his first goal – the first of many most United fans are predicting. Youngster Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair have been given a chance in the first team this season and overall confidence appears to be back at Old Trafford amongst the faithful fans.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season