A selection of Manchester United fans reacted on Twitter after Cristiano Ronaldo bagged the Premier League Player of the Month (POTM) award for September.
The Portugal international made a surprise return to the Red Devils after 12 years this summer.
He had a memorable second league debut against Newcastle United, bagging a brace in a 4-1 triumph.
Ronaldo scored his third league goal of the season in the 2-1 comeback win at West Ham United, but could not find the back of the net in the final game of September against Aston Villa.
Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah was widely regarded as the main rival for the accolade, but Ronaldo was always in pole position to win the individual prize.
Here are some of the reactions from United fans after the announcement.
Ronaldo has now won POTM in the Premier League on five occasions. He is only behind Sergio Aguero, Steven Gerrard and Harry Kane in the all-time list. The former has won seven times.
The 36-year-old has made a sublime comeback with United, bagging five goals from six outings including a late 95th-minute winner against Villarreal in the Champions League.
He has failed to score in just two matches. One of those was against Everton before the international break where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made the surprise decision to start him on the bench.
Ronaldo had just 33 minutes in the second half, but he could not change the complexion of the game.
United shared the spoils against the Toffees in a 1-1 league draw at Old Trafford.
The €45 million-rated star is currently on a two-match goalless league run.
He will be relishing the prospect of ending the streak when the Red Devils visit Leicester City next weekend.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?